Poop and Pajamas Take 2

Well, so continues my journey.  I thought I would post the next couple of entries in my stay at home dad journal.  

December 11, 2012

I Finally got a run in today.  It wasn’t a great run, but it was a run.  I’ll take what I can get.  Since my son was born that has been one of the hardest things to do.  I have had time to write, to read, to even watch some movies by myself and with my wife, but anything that involves leaving the house has been difficult.

Anyway, how was the day?  Again, deceptively smooth.  He slept at all of his naps, ate efficiently, and had great play time with me.  The diapers weren’t too bad, no major blow outs, a couple of heavy ones, but nothing I couldn’t handle.  Having fun with it so far.

December 12, 2012

The monitor woke me up with his noises.  It is getting close to 6 A.M. so it should be another hour before he wakes up, at least.  Since he’s been sleeping through the night we can usually expect him to wake up between 7 and 7:30 A.M.  I have heard that baby’s don’t officially stick to sleeping through the night until after 6 months of age.  That’s why he has been so uneven with it.  He will go for a week sleeping through the night and then start waking up early again.  Then back to sleeping through the night.  He’s a baby.  It’s what they do.  We also think he might be teething early so that could be affecting his sleep as well.


My wife has already left for work and my boy has had two incidents.

The first incident was a wet diaper that leaked out of his diaper and onto me.  So that meant not only a change of clothes for him, but a change of clothes for me – all the way down to the boxer shorts.

The second incident was when the poopy diaper hit and it required another change of clothes for him because he had pooped upwards.  That’s when he poops into his diaper and instead of just going there and staying it decides to move northward.  Those kinds of bowel movements usually go pretty far up his back.


The day concludes and my son has gone to bed wearing his fourth pair of footy pajamas.  He had another big blowout sometime this evening while my wife was changing him.  Other than that, the day went pretty well.  He had a couple of fussy periods, but nothing a good bottle of formula can’t cure.

So that was the next couple of days.  I hope you have enjoyed this journey so far.  What do you think?  Would you want to hear some more?  I might start posting my entries from here on out.  If I have the time.  A lot on my plate as a stay at home dad.